Call for Social Entrepreneurs focused on childhood health, education, nutrition and community development in South Africa.
Are you committed to impact through social innovation and grassroots-focused change? Are you at the early stages of development and need support transitioning from infancy to maturity? If so, we want to hear from you.
Even Ground (EG) is excited to launch its second Partner Project Selection Process. We are looking to fund social impact organizations in amounts up to US$15,000 yearly over a 5-7 year period to help innovative social initiatives focused on youth programs reach maturity.
- Education is core to the mission of the program
- Programming located in areas without significant NGO or government support for services provided
- Strong relationship with community, building on already existing assets
- Support the development of dynamic and socially disruptive entrepreneurs
- Willingness to join dynamic network of socially innovative programs by committing to crossprogrammatic initiatives and learning
- High management capacity
Even Ground provides support through a variety of avenues beyond just funding.
Even Ground offers the following in its network:
- Grants up to $15,000 yearly over a 5-7 year period
- Ability to raise funds in the US through its 501(c)3
- Provides access to additional financial and strategic resources to assist in venture growth
- Support from other ventures in network
- Assistance with developing robust measures of impact
- Fundraising capacity building and organizational planning
How to Apply
Put together a two-minute pitch video showcasing your innovative idea or startup and how it solves a social problem.
A two-page proposal including:
- Clear description of organization and program for funding
- Objectives for funding
- Required resources and how they will be acquired
- Project implementation plan with timeframe
- Intended social impact and beneficiaries
- Proposed metrics for evaluated efficacy of program
- Team biographies
- Budget/financial projections
- Clear identification of how the proposal fulfills the eligibility criteria
Proposals should be submitted by Friday, May 12th 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified by the end of 2Q 2017.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to complete a comprehensive due diligence process which will conclude by 3Q 2017.
How will applications be evaluated?
The evaluation criteria for the shortlisted applicants will be based on Potential for Impact, Sustainability, Team Capabilities, and Community Engagement.
Potential for Impact
- The idea or enterprise addresses a specific social need in an innovative manner (preference will be given to high-impact models)
- Metrics to determine efficacy of initiative based on stated goals
- The idea or enterprise has a viable and potentially financially sustainable model
- Budget estimations are realistic
- The individual or team has the relevant experience and expertise
- The individual or team has demonstrated commitment and passion for the enterprise
- Uniqueness of initiative in community
- Evidence that targeted community have assisted in the structure and implementation of initiative